Ladies and gentlemen, dear readers
In this period of Communication and Information Technologies, the site of National Centre For Animal Hunsbandry And Veterinary Training (NCAHVT) wants to be displayed to the world so that the school will be better known by both the cameroonian and non-cameroonian public.
In Cameroon, our training institution is among the public schools that trains intermediate staff in the following fields: Fisheries, Pisciculture, Livestock and Agropastoral Entrepreneur.
All started from the creation in 1954 of fish nursery station of Melap, it became National Fish breeding Centre (NFC) in 1971 due to the bilateral agreement between Cameroon and United States. It is an institution with the objective of training and research in fish farming. It is under the tutelage of the Ministry of Agriculture (MINAGRI) with the technical assistance from FAO.
In 1976, the National Fish breeding Centre (NFC) was transformed to the National Aquaculture Centre (NAC) and passed under the tutelage of Ministry of Livestock, Fisheries and Animal Industries (MINEPIA) in 1980.
By decree N° 86 /14/2 of November 24 1986, the National Centre for Animal Hunsbadry and Veterinary Training (NCAHVT) Foumban was created to replace the NAC.
- The 1st cycle admits holders of BEPC or GCE /OL in 4 papers excluding religion and trains Assistant Technicians in Livestock and aquaculture.
- The 2nd cycle admits holders of certificate de Probation or GCE/AL in 1 paper excluding religion and trains Aquaculture, Fisheries and Livestock technicians.
- The 3rd cycle admits holders of Baccalauréat or GCE/AL in 2 papers or other certificate equivalent to it and trains Agropastoral Entrepreneur (APE)
The NCAHVT Foumban equally trains producers in livestock, fisheries and aquaculture domains. It also insures in-service of the MINEPIA personnel in the above-mentioned domain following the decree mentioned above.
The NCAHVT Foumban opened its doors in 1991 with the Aquaculture and Fisheries technicians trainees.
- In 1997, it launched the training of Livestock technicians
- In 1999, the training of 1st cycle Assistant Aquaculture and livestock technicians was started.
- In 2012, the training of APE cycle started with diploma awarded by the Ministry of Higher Education (MINESUP). Whereas, the other options receive their diplomas from the
Students are admitted by an entrance examination as private students while foreigners are admitted by study of file. The training lasts for 2 years, it is both theorycal and practical focusing on training units. It is also done in the socio-professional milieu through two internships offered, one in year one and the other in year two.
The products that the school puts in the job market of employment are well trained and are operational. They are destined either for self-employment or employees in enterprises, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGO), in local councils or civil savants in the public service of Cameroon.
The State provides support to the settlement of trained youths in self-employment with subventions given to project holders within the limit of the means available. Youths submit their projects for funding to the different ministerial departments.
We hope you appreciated the information presented under the different headings. You can obtain additional information through the following contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. ONDOUA ZANG jean Paul
Director of NCAHVT Foumban.